If you're a recent grad facing your first job interview, you may be equally scared and excited. Fear not; everyone has to start somewhere.
This is one of those situations where preparation and research will be your best friends.
general interview tips and advice
- No matter the question, don't let your responses wander or fill the silence with 'you know', 'like' or 'um'.
- Your answers should be short, sweet and to the point. Rambling seldom adds anything significant to the conversation.
- Keep your anecdotes positive, even if you're describing a less than positive experience.
- Details matter. Try to be as specific as possible when telling stories about your experiences; it'll make them sound more authentic.
- Always, always do some research about the company before you go to the interview.
- Have a list of questions you want to ask. We guarantee at the end of the interview. Your interview will ask if you have any questions. Don't miss out on this opportunity to show your interest.
- Bring spare copies of your resume to the interview. You never know how many people you'll interview or if they'll have printed copies of your resume.
- Remember to be yourself. You don't need to put on a mask or be someone you're not to get a job. You've got this!
looking for more tips on interviewing and related career topics?
Check out our collection of interview advice articles.