what personal data do we collect about you?
As a candidate, we collect and process personal data about you such as:
- Identification information – we may process your name, contact information (including home address, home phone number and mobile phone number), citizenship and country of residence, date of birth, (in exceptional cases) gender, digital signature and languages spoken.
- CV/resumes and other recruitment information – we may process your CV/resume, work history, information about your skills, your experience and educational background and other relevant information (such as your photograph, interview notes and personal data included in the cover letter or as part of the application process).
- Compensation and benefits information – we may process personal data relating to your current compensation and benefits including (without limitation) your current bonus, recurring payments and benefits.
- Government issued identifiers – we may process government issued identifiers including (without limitation) the national identification number, social insurance number and social security number, as legally required.
- Photographs and video footage – when participating in recruitment-related events, meetings, conferences etc., we may process photographs or videos of you.
- Visitor information – when accessing our buildings, we may collect your name, contact details, car plate number, and other identification for security reasons. Where we are legally required to do so we may also ask you to disclose information about your health (including information related to viral infections, flu, etc.) for health and safety reasons.
- Information you choose to share with us – we may process additional personal data if you choose to share that with us.
This data may be obtained directly or indirectly from you. In the latter case, we will inform you of the purpose and data sources we use, when we communicate with you in connection with our Services (e.g. to alert you about a job opportunity), or in any event within one month of the time we indirectly obtain your data. The exception is where the provision of this information to you would cause disproportionate efforts. In that case, we may take alternative measures to protect your rights and freedoms.
why do we need your personal data?
Randstad processes your personal data only for the purposes specified below:
- To provide our Services to you (including matching and proposing you to clients, interviews, assessments). For example, we may process your personal data to recommend jobs to you based on your profile and enable our consultants to provide you with tailored job opportunities, career advice, reskilling options, inclusiveness, suggest additional training where necessary and introduce you to hiring managers: The processing of your data and the use of automated systems is necessary to provide you with the matching services, and is therefore based on (pre-) contractual necessity;
- Training and updating of systems/statistical purposes. Some of the systems that we use to provide our Services are based on machine learning technology. In order for that technology to function reliably, it needs to be trained and updated on the basis of existing data. We may also process personal data in an aggregated manner for statistical purposes: Based on our legitimate interest in training and updating our systems. We have implemented mitigating measures to limit the privacy impact, such as de-identification and an easy opt-out in your choices;
- Dispute management and litigation: Processing is necessary for the purpose of the legitimate interests pursued by Randstad, which include the protection of company assets, protecting its legal interests and managing legal claims/disputes;
- Compliance with labour, tax and social security laws and other legal or regulatory requirements (e.g. equal opportunity and workplace diversity requirements): Processing is necessary for compliance with employment and social security legal obligations;
- Events: Based on our legitimate interest in maintaining a good relationship with our community of candidates and promoting our services by inviting you to our events;
- Facilities, security and contingency planning purposes: Processing is necessary for the purpose of the legitimate interests pursued by Randstad, which include safeguarding and securing our assets, our facilities, our information systems and our people;
- To conduct corporate transactions (including mergers, acquisitions and divestments): Processing is necessary for the purpose of the legitimate interests pursued by Randstad, which include Randstad’s interest in developing its business through mergers, acquisitions and divestments;
how long do we keep your personal data?
We may retain your personal data for a period of 7 years counting from our last interaction with you for the purposes of providing you our Services. We may keep your personal data longer if necessary in connection with any actual or potential dispute (e.g. we need this personal data to establish or defend legal claims), in which case we will keep your personal data until the end of such dispute; and/or for us to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation (e.g. for tax or pension purposes), in which case we will keep your personal data for as long as required by that obligation.