work with us
Video by Elliot A Grafton
what you will be doing.
- Ensure plant, machinery or equipment are serviced and repaired to the standard required.
- Apply trade level skills for all tasks ensuring appropriate JSEA’s, SOP’s, SWMS and
- manufacturer’s guidelines and relevant legislation is followed at all times.
- Maintain and use all workshop tools, plant and equipment in a safe manner.
- Assist with vocational training and development requirements of any apprentice mechanics
- Attend tool box and pre-start meetings as relevant at work location.
- Provide maintenance support to Plant Operators, ensuring appropriate procedures are followed at all times.
- Ensure all documents in their own area are accurately completed and forwarded for action in a timely manner.
- Make effective use of resources.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and report to Supervisor.
skills and experience.
- Diesel Mechanic Trade Certificate (Certificate III Engineering – Mechanical)
- Valid SA Drivers Licence, MR minimum, HC or HR preferred.
- Proven specialist experience in servicing and repairing heavy earthmoving plant and machinery Dozers, Graders, Excavators, Dump Trucks etc. Particularly CAT, Komatsu and Hitachi.
- Experience in serving and repairing light fleet vehicles.
- Good diagnostic and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of workshop operations and associated equipment.
- Computer literacy and administrative skills, sufficient to completing relevant documentation in a comprehensive, accurate and timely manner.
- Competency assessed in maintenance type operation of mobile equipment