about our client Merri-bek.
Merri-bek City Council is a progressive council of 175,000 residents: one community, proudly diverse. Our council area sits within the banks of the Merri Creek and the Moonee Ponds Creek, and includes Brunswick, Coburg, Fawkner, Glenroy, Gowanbrae, Hadfield, Oak Park and Pascoe Vale. Our city is vibrant and energetic, known for its active community, cultural diversity, creative industries and the arts. Our long-term vision has ambitious goals for environmental sustainability, social justice, community wellbeing, and creating great places. With the Civic Centre located in Coburg, 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, there are excellent public transport options and great food and cafés right at the doorstep.
Merri-bek Council strives to be a contemporary, innovative and collaborative organisation with a deep commitment to engaging and supporting the Merri-bek community. Our organisational vision is to be one team, brave and diverse, making a difference.
We pride ourselves on being an inclusive and welcoming workplace. We offer flexible and hybrid work options and genuinely care about providing our staff work/life balance. With the Civic Centre located in Coburg, 8 kilometres north of Melbourne’s CBD, there are excellent public transport options and great food, cafés, parks and a cinema right at the doorstep. Merri-bek is a great place to live, work and play.
numbers, data & facts.
Founded in 1994
Located in Merri-bek, Metropolitan government area in VIC
600 employees in Victoria, Australia
Industry Government Administration
Merri-bek's current roles.
Find out more below on the job descriptions of what Merri-bek is hiring for currently.
advantages for partnering with randstad.
Get started in exciting industries with one of our top clients by using Randstad as a stepping stone. When you secure a job through Randstad, you'll enjoy the following benefits:
- In-depth customer knowledge backed by many years of experience from our clients and their teams.
- Personalised and ongoing support from a dedicated contact person in the Randstad branch nearest you.
- Expert career advice with the most up-to-date market and industry knowledge to help you understand current market conditions and trends.
- Salary guidance and negotiation support, including a personalised report at no cost to explain the salary you can expect based on the level of responsibilities and current demand for the role.
- Job interview preparation that will impress any employer. Your Randstad consultant will brief you before each interview, practice interview questions with you and ensure you understand the key responsibilities of the role and other valuable insight into the culture of the manager, team and organisation.
- After accepting an offer and securing the position, your Randstad recruitment consultant will stay in touch with you in the beginning stages of your new job, to ensure you start your new role well and your are happy with your choice.
- Additionally, there is a possibility of being offered attractive assignments at other reputable companies.