DISR people first
about the team
AusIndustry delivers business programs and targeted advice to support businesses and other organisations to improve and grow. We have an extensive business reach through business.gov.au, a dedicated contact centre for all business enquiries across government and a national network of frontline staff who work directly with business. We are a recognised brand in the market for providing business support services and work closely with other departments, State, Territory and Local governments, along with industry, to ensure business support is targeted and promoted to the right businesses at the right time.
The Portfolio Program Delivery (PPD) branch translates policies into program guidelines and implements these policies as programs on behalf of departmental policy partners. Program design and program management elements of the branch work with departmental policy partners to understand the desired outcomes and develop programs that deliver these outcomes while also taking industry needs, preferences and experiences into account. The branch administers programs in line with requirements and guidance outlined in Guidelines and Frameworks managed by the Department of Finance and the division’s Performance and Governance Section.
The Entrepreneur’s Programme Branch delivers advice, networking and grants to support Australian Small and Medium Enterprises to build their capability to grow, innovate and commercialise nationally and globally. The Programme provides a suite of services tailored to help them achieve their vision and grow. These services are provided through a dedicated, national network of over 170 free, independent, expert facilitators.
our ideal candidate
Our ideal candidate would work well within a team and have the capability to contribute to AusIndustry being a centre of excellence for the delivery of programs and services.
you should be:
- able to work independently and show initiative but also enjoy working collaboratively within a team environment
- an effective communicator with a strong focus on providing responsive stakeholder engagement
- experienced in leading the implementation of a program/service or project
- a strong, customer-focused client relationship manager
- able to show good judgement, think analytically, strategically and logically, and be comfortable upward-managing issues and possible solutions
- comfortable working in an environment that demands a high level of attention to detail and an adherence to accuracy.
You do not need to be an expert in Program Delivery – we will provide formal training and on-the-job opportunities to learn. For some roles though, understanding of energy systems, economics, policy, programs, legislation or regulation, project or financial management, or data analytics would be an advantage. Relevant work and other experience (such as volunteering, committee representation), tertiary qualifications and micro-credentials will also be taken into consideration.
what you will do
Senior Program Officers assist in the development, delivery and management of public-facing government programs, in co-operation with multiple groups of internal and external stakeholders. You should be able to work with independence, subject to limited direction against established priorities, practices, and methodologies to deliver quality outcomes.
you will work as part of a team to deliver on the relevant work program and:
- have responsibility for the management, coordination and delivery of a grants program in accordance with guidelines, performance standards, governance and quality frameworks (under the guidance of an EL1 Program Manager)
- work as a member of a small to medium-sized, geographically dispersed team, to contribute to improvement initiatives and to the development of a positive and collaborative culture that facilitates the production of high-quality work
- work with staff across AusIndustry and policy partners to inform the design of programs and the development of program documentation, guidelines, processes and forms to be used in the promotion, management and administration of grant programs
- liaise with potential applicants, applicants and grantees providing them with timely, accurate and clear advice on programs, application processes, guidelines and requirements
- triage, allocate and coordinate Freedom of Information Requests.
To be eligible for employment in the APS and the department, applicants must be Australian Citizens. The filling of this vacancy is intended to constitute an affirmative measure under Section 33 of the Australian Public Service Commissioner’s Directions 2022. This vacancy is open only to people with disability.
Successful applicants are required to provide evidence to confirm they are a person with disability. Evidence of disability is not to include information about the type of disability. Suitable evidence of a disability would be a certificate or letter from a registered medical practitioner.
the following documents would also be acceptable:
- letter from a Disability Employment Service or jobactive provider
- letter from a secondary or tertiary institution disability services unit in relation to a recent student.
If the above documents are not available, a statutory declaration from the applicant can be accepted.
This position requires a Baseline security clearance. The successful applicant will be provided with information regarding obtaining and maintaining a clearance at this level.
accessibility and reasonable adjustments
The department is committed to ensuring our facilities, systems and work practices are accessible. Anyone with a permanent or temporary disability, injury or illness can request reasonable adjustments at all stages of their employment.
- This process may be used to fill both ongoing (permanent) and non-ongoing (temporary) roles.
- A merit pool may be established to fill future vacancies.
- The department supports flexible working arrangements and staff can apply to work a mix of hours from home and office locations each week.
how to apply
Your application must not contain any classified or sensitive information in your resume or other documents. Applications containing classified information may not be considered by the selection panel.
When applying for this role, you will be asked to complete an online application form and upload your current resume. Your application will be reviewed, and if you are longlisted, you will be asked to participate in an interview on the Modern Hire interview platform.
This will then be reviewed, and if you are shortlisted, we will invite you to attend an interview.
We want to ensure you have everything you need to apply for this position. Accessible application documentation is available in other formats on request.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or
- 1800 648 942 if you require assistance with your application.
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact Susan King via:
- Susan.King@industry.gov.au or
- call 0419 019 894.
learn more about the department
The department offers a flexible, diverse, and collaborative workplace. We value everyone bringing their different backgrounds and points of view to work every day. We can give you a challenging and rewarding career with the opportunity to contribute to policy that affects all Australians – and the world. You can find out more about us and the work we do at industry.gov.au.
From study support to generous parental leave and flexible work arrangements, your manager will work with you to help you along your career journey and achieve a work-life balance.
The department is committed to a workplace culture that is respectful, inclusive, and diverse, where all employees have a sense of belonging and can bring their authentic selves to work every day. We encourage applications people who identify as Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander, people with disability, culturally and linguistically diverse people and people of the LGBTIQA+ community, including transgender, gender diverse, and intersex people.
- Please contact our Inclusion team at email@example.com for a confidential discussion if you identify from any of these diverse backgrounds and would like to discuss this in more detail.
- Please refer to our Applying for a position information for additional information on how to apply.
Advertised: 20 July 2022
Applications close: 17 August 2022
learn more about
the position description