Randstad are proud to partner with the leading provider of construction and strategic building maintenance services for the Queensland Government. With a new program designed to help those affected by the floods to build more resilient homes, this is a great opportunity to join a meaningful project.
We have an immediate need for multiple OO7 Supervisors located at Cannon Hill. Initial 3 month contract but the view is to extend for up to 3 years.
The responsibility of the Value for Money Assessor is to assess project cost-effectiveness, conduct home assessments, and communicate effectively with homeowners and contractors.
Collaborating with stakeholders and supporting your team is essential, along with building positive homeowner relationships and actively contributing to our continuous improvement efforts.
The key responsibilities of the position include:
- Assess and analyse the cost-effectiveness of projects, with a focus on quality, all while conducting thorough assessments of homes to evaluate flood impact and resilient outcomes.
- Effectively communicate with homeowners and licensed contractors, educating them about flood risk, resilient building design, materials, and technical aspects related to flood resilience.
- Collaborate with team members and stakeholders to proactively gather insights, share experiences, and identify and promote best practices, fostering a culture of continuous improvement and excellence within the program.
- Conduct Value for Money (VFM) assessments utilising RHF tools and systems, ensuring accuracy in compliance with VFM guidelines. Throughout the process, identify areas for improvement in flood resilience and recommend strategies to enhance home resilience.
- Estimating accurate pricing for work identified as part of the condition assessment process.
- Coordinating asbestos validations and ad hoc audit programs and providing accurate information for updating BEMIR, Built Environmental Management Information Register. .
The successful candidate will:
- Exhibit a strong working knowledge of building practices and building materials.
- Display an excellent working knowledge of construction equipment and procedures with a strong focus on WH&S.
- Demonstrate the ability to produce accurate reports that promote a resilient building method including materials and building techniques.
- Maintain a healthy and safe work environment, ensuring compliance across all activities.
- Possess proficient computer skills and have a sound understanding of excel.
Requirements of this role include:
- Hold a Current Builders Supervisors Licence - Highly Regarded
- A current Open Class C Driver's Licence (Queensland) or equivalent.
- Criminal history check prior to appointment
- Hold current working rights in Australia (evidence required in application process)
It is expected that the successful candidate will possess strong oral/written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills. They will display initiative, attention to detail, and have the ability to work autonomously and unsupervised whilst contributing to the wider team's objectives of ensuring service delivery exceeds expectations.
Submit your application by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience.
For a confidential discussion of this opportunity and further details, please do not hesitate to contact Julie Thomson on 07 3031 3289 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background.