- Pivotal role in a road construction company
- Fast paced dynamic environment
- Permanent opportunity
About The Company
Our client is an independent, locally owned business in the Hunter Valley region with a dynamic team culture. We are proud to partner with them to employ dedicated people who share an understanding of the equipment, markets, stakeholder engagement and policies required to transform the road construction sector.
About the Role
As the Transport Manager, you will be required to travel between 3 branches, located 1 ½ hours outside of Sydney. You will be responsible for ensuring that the Transport divisions performance is optimised, costs controlled and profits increased by leading the transport team to achieve objectives, KPI’s and maintain a safe operating environment.
- Manage the driver fleet appropriately to ensure low staff turnover and high level driver availability and performance
- Ensure all trucks & relevant equipment is maintained in line with manufacturers standards and are operating safely and efficiently
- Maintain repairs and maintenance budgets
- Implement systems to ensure driver punctuality and effective management of driver labour costs
- Development of annual budgets and forecast updates, preparing monthly and YTD reports
- Identify, monitor & report any RMS and/or contractor COR non-conformance
- Ensure contractor COR audits and D&A tests are completed on a weekly basis
- Set goals and objectives within transport team and provide training where necessary
- Ensure all pre-start and post-Shift checks are completed
- Implement and maintain appropriate driver performance metrics in order to drive high performance standards
- Ensure all transport safety, compliance and operational requirements are met.
- Regularly meet with service providers to ensure outcomes are achieved.
- Ensure compliance across NHVAS Mass, Maintenance and Fatigue accreditation requirements and standards.
- Externally source new opportunities
The Successful Applicant will demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Thorough knowledge of Road Transport Industry related rules and regulations including Load Restraint, Axle Weights, Fatigue, Chain of Responsibility, NHVR, etc
- Proven experience in divisional profit and cost control management
- Strong leadership and influencing skills with the ability to engage at all levels of an organization.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritise work flows
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with colleagues, suppliers and customers
- Understanding of fleet maintenance
- Competent in the use of Microsoft applications and fleet management software
If you are ready to submit your resume please select “Apply Now”.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....