About the role
We are looking for Scaffolder Trades assistants to work on a new project in our construction team bus in: bus out to Dalby on a 2:1 roster (all accomodation and food Provided). This construction role will be 11.5 hour days, based between Dalby and Chinchilla starting 1st of 2nd week of August 2022. This temporary assignment will be running until December with the strong possibility of extension through 2023 with contract renewal.
As Scaffolder you will be responsible for the following-
- Fitting together scaffolding, lifting and positioning and disassembling.
- Assisting mechanical/welding trades in the construction of a greenfields gas site
- Trade assistant help with Installs and flange Management by fitters
- Fire watching for welders
- General cleaning and labouring onsite
We are looking for our TAs to have the following skills and competencies-
- Atleast a basic scaffolding ticket and previous experience
- Previous Oil and Gas experience in a Trades assistant position
- White card and confined spaces and rigging ticket (preferred but not essential)
- Good communication and attitude towards safety
- Atleast 2 years experience in the Oil and gas industry in last 3. Or willingness to obtain an industry safety induction.
- An ability to work flexibly and adaptively in a complex environment with multiple stakeholders.
Ventia is a leading infrastructure services company, operating across Australia and New Zealand. Our clients are the owners and operators of assets that are critical to our local communities. We pride ourselves on working smart, safely and sustainably, harnessing the latest technologies and brightest minds. With a diverse and proud heritage, we have a track record of delivering essential services to the communities in which we operate.
We acknowledge the importance of our people's diverse experiences, talents and cultures. Embracing diversity and creating inclusion is a key component of our talent strategy. The creation of a diverse, inclusive workforce is central to our ability to unlock potential and enhance our success.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply for this vacancy.
Please apply by clicking the link to be considered for this role, starting asap.