Randstad has been engaged to recruit a Technical Officer for Royal Australian Navy’s Maritime Warfare training facility at Watson’s Bay.
This is a challenging project role that will require the successful candidate to be a high-performing, self-starter. The successful candidate will work as part of a small dynamic project team. The project is focussed on re-developing the current suite of PWO courses by implementing new technologies and learning methodologies to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Navy’s Warfare Capabilities.
- Provide guidance and technical advice on Maritime Warfare systems
- In conjunction with the instructional designer, produce a range of deliverables that Australian Defence Force System Approach to Defence Learning (SADL) requirements.
- Incorporate contemporary learning methodologies, blended learning principles and new technologies into training materials.
- Manage content / document review cycles with stakeholders and subject matter experts.
- Deliver outputs on time, on budget and in line with quality requirements.
- Apply a proactive risk management approach to identification and resolution of risks and issues associated with training development activities.
- Communicate effectively with stakeholders and facilitate meetings and design/development workshops
- Background in the Maritime Warfare environment ( ex PWO/WEEO/CSM desirable)
- Understanding of Maritime Warfare theory and methodologies
- Technical understanding of Warfare weapon systems
- Demonstrable experience in the development and delivery of innovative learning resources and well-developed technical writing skills which makes content easy to understand for the target audience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage varying stakeholders
- Collaborative working style, yet able to work autonomously
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- TAE40116 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment or Tertiary qualifications in Adult/Vocational education (would be desirable)
- Currently hold an Australian Government Negative Vetting Level 1/2 security clearance ESSENTIAL
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....