Systems Engineer - Professional
- Apply your talent where it counts
- Develop and manage system requirements in Aerospace projects
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work within a strong team culture
Apply your talent where it counts as a Systems Engineer in our team in Williamtown, NSW (preferred) or flexible location.
About the Opportunity
As a Systems Engineer, you will work with other members of the Systems Team, under the direction and in support of the Systems Engineering Team Leader.
The work scope for this opportunity includes various interesting and exciting projects relating to the Aerospace sector that may include platforms such as Hawk, Joint Strike Fighter and Loyal Wingman. Systems Engineering activities to be undertaken will include both on-aircraft capability upgrades and off aircraft systems development. Technologies that you will be exposed to will range from legacy aircraft systems to contemporary Virtual Reality solutions.
More specifically, you will:
- Develop and manage System requirements, models, System and Subsystem Specifications, Product Breakdown Structure, Design Documents, component specifications, interface specifications, MBSE artefacts among others.
- Undertake System Engineering activities in compliance with the internal Engineering Lifecycle as specified in the Business Management System (BMS).
- Apply Model Based Systems Engineering processes, tools and techniques.
- Participate in system design and subsystem partitioning to achieve robust modular architectures.
- Perform analysis to define and characterise the system and its components.
- Use domain, discipline and Systems Engineering understanding to ensure enabling, supporting and delivered products robustly and are fit for purpose.
- Develop work statements and technically manage suppliers.
- Participate in ensuring that the design meets all statutory regulatory requirements.
- Integrate components in a logical manner to ensure that emergent properties and limitations are exposed and acceptable.
- Maintain the design and its documentation in accordance with the applicable configuration management, change management and traceability processes.
- Independently review peers’ work, identify technical risks and unknowns and support planning activities.
- Provide Engineering status and metrics reporting.
- Develop and understand the application of the internal BMS engineering process.
- Work within agreed project technical, cost and schedule constraints.
- Comply with the requirements of the internal Quality Systems as they relate to your areas of activity.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you’ll have:
- 4 year Bachelor degree or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience within the Engineering discipline with working experience in the technical development and Systems Design of engineering projects.
- Qualifications satisfying the requirements for a member of the Institute of Engineers Australia or equivalent experience.
- Working towards meeting the requirements for Chartered Professional Engineer status.
- Must be eligible to apply for Australian Defence Security Clearance.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
For the opportunity to become part of their high performing team and excellent culture, please click “apply now”. For a confidential discussion, please contact Wendy Hammond on 0466 596 260
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....