Baseline clearance required as a minimum (Nv1 or NV2 is beneficial)
Team: Supply Chain Management
Rates: Up to $145,000 plus super for the right candiadate
We have an opportunity for a Subcontracts Specialist to support continuing growth experienced within Defence Australia. The successful candidate will join the Contracting team forming part of the Supply Chain Management capability and draw from previous relevant experience to ensure effective market engagement and subcontract management.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop strong relationships with stakeholders to understand business requirements and support the development of procurement strategies and priorities.
- Support the delivery of work packages to achieve efficient and on-time delivery of campaigns and program milestones.
- Conduct market engagement activities (RFx) to identify and select qualified subcontractors.
- Engage with large multi-national and local SME suppliers to ensure value for money.
- Negotiate subcontract agreements, including reviewing and drafting contractual terms and conditions.
- Support contract management activities over the program term.
- Liaise with Functional, Technical, Commercial and Legal stakeholders.
- Ensure supplier activities are compliant with applicable regulatory trade control (export-import) requirements.
- Support the effective management of contract performance through relevant supplier relationship management frameworks.
- Monitor and report cost, schedule, and status of subcontractors and recommend or implement corrective action as necessary.
- Participate in the development of process improvement initiatives and value for money opportunities.
To be successful you will have:
- Demonstrated experience of pre and post-award subcontract management in a project environment (Defence industry experience is desirable)
- Tertiary Education in Commerce, Law or Business or relevant experience (MCIPS preferred)
- High level competency in written and oral communication and standard business tools and systems
- An enthusiasm for working with suppliers and identifying new opportunities and relationships
- The ability to work with cross functional teams
- The ability to work autonomously to see projects and opportunities through to completion
- Applicants must be Australian Citizens to meet Defence security requirements. Please note that this is nonnegotiable
If you are interested in this role, please apply direct, or more information, please call me and send me a cv – firstname.lastname@example.org – 0481 566 930.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....