As a SQL Server Specialist, you will be responsible for assisting a well-known government department in a server migration and deployment program of work managing Microsoft SQL Server instances and databases across multiple servers and clusters for Application Hosting. You will be responsible for design, implementation and support of SQL Server clustering, stand-alone and bureau services for both on-prem and cloud workloads. You will also be required to support daily operations and ongoing database maintenance and security patching. In addition, the role will be required to perform data transformation exercises, decommissioning activities, and on-prem and cloud monitoring for infrastructure supporting business applications running on Windows and SQL Servers.
This role is for you if you have experience with the following:
- Must be a technical specialist in Windows & SQL Servers.
- Process Automation (Transact-SQL and PowerShell)
- Scoping, delivering and supporting numerous business-driven cloud proposals
- Addressing potential security issues, through the ongoing security patching/vulnerability management program
- Carrying out server and database patching (security & non-security) and version upgrades
- Carrying out on-call/daily duty/incident triage/ISM request actioning
- Providing business application migration/deployment support and producing high quality systems documentation
What qualities should all applicants have?
- Proven ability to work both autonomously and within a small team.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, management, vendors and customers.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organisation including senior management.
Desirable certifications & skills:
- MCSE: Data Management and Analytics
- General knowledge of VMware vSphere
- General knowledge of SAN, Network, and Security infrastructure
Your key responsibilities will encompass the following:
- Technical administration of SQL Server platform
- Technical administration of Windows Server environments
- Technical advice for clients
- Regular reporting for server availability, vulnerability and software compliance
- Perform actions as part of the rotating weekly duty roster (morning or afternoon)
- Ensure that deliverables are prioritised and completed within the specified time frames
- Compliance with Technical Architecture
- Compliance to change, configuration, incident and problem management methodologies and systems.
What’s in it for you?
In addition to a great contracting rate, this government department offers a range of non-financial benefits. These include supported professional development, flexible working arrangements including working from home, a central office location, interesting and meaningful work, an inclusive team culture and supportive leadership.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....