Randstad are proud to announce their partnership with a global leader in the mining and resources sector. Applications are now open for a senior level electrical engineer, which will be offered on a 6-month contract by our client. Applications are now open with interviews for the role taking place in the coming weeks.
This role is offered with one of the world's largest mining organisations on a 6-month contract operating out of their Perth headquarters. The electrical engineer will help make up the core technical team of our clients’ project and is responsible for delivering several outcomes across all phases of the project (Data Clean-up, Analysis, Design and Deployment).
Accountabilities for the role include but are not limited to:
- Identify reliability improvement and cost saving projects through data analysis and validation.
- Design best practice maintenance strategies for optimal safety, productivity and operating costs of chemical processing plant equipment
- Deploy maintenance strategies incorporating work management plans, task lists (SAP) and associated work instructions to support execution and planning teams.
- Identify and apply Critical Controls to manage material risks.
- Lead Defect Elimination processes, ensuring under-performing equipment is investigated and actions implemented (Root Cause Analysis, 5 Whys and Failure Mode Effect Cause Analysis).
- Align and standardise SAP master data to master data design standards.
- Ensure compliance to work plans and statutory and legislative requirements.
- Facilitate workshops with stakeholder groups (investigations, FMECA workshops etc.)
Experience and background required for this position:
- Tertiary/Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering and/or electrical trade background with experience maintaining mining equipment.
- Experience in reliability or maintenance engineering will be highly regarded.
- Experience in mining (mobile, fixed plant, processing, rail or infrastructure), preferably having worked in maintenance departments.
- Understanding of reliability and asset management principles, including defect elimination, Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) and random delay analysis.
- Proficiency in 1SAP preferable.
- Proficiency in GE-APM preferable.
- Good awareness of site safety culture/practices.
- Effective communication, networking and teamwork skills.
- Data driven with the ability to interpret and visualise data and trends and provide guidance to data analysis teams.
If you believe you or someone you know fits most of this criteria, please contact James Crouch on 0429 499 404 for more information. As detailed, this role is offered with our client on a 12-Month contract, applications are now open with interviews to be completed in the coming weeks.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background.