This leading Tier 2 builder in Sydney have been established over 30 years. They are a client focused construction company with a well-earned track record of delivering a diverse range of new build and structural extension projects including; Commercial, Health, Education, and Industrial. It is through this results orientated approach and strong pipeline of upcoming work that they are seeking an experienced Site Manager to join their existing team.
As a Number 1 Site Manager based on site, your job will be to oversee the subcontractors and delivery of the project. The projects can range from $5m - $50m in value and you will be working closely with the visiting Project Manager. They are looking for someone specifically with new build commercial/heavy refurbishment experience with an excellent eye for detail.
- Site set up and preparation and installing temporary offices for site staff
- Monitor progress, oversee delivery of materials, carry out safety checks and resolve any issues which could hold up the work as they arise
- Keep in close contact with members of their site team at all times, and liaise with architects, engineers, surveyors and planners
- Ensure that work complies with building regulations and health and safety legislation as well as other legal requirements
- Ensure that the deadline for completing work is met as per the programme
- Keep the client updated regularly on progress.
Skills & experience:
- Ideally 5+ years experience as a Site Manager with relevant references on commercial new build/extension work as number 1 on site
- Excellent technical construction & M&E knowledge
- Understanding of RFI's, variations and ability to read and interpret drawings
- High attention to detail and quality of works
- Can-do attitude
- Fluent in English, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This company look after their staff and invest in training to promote their staff from within to develop their future career, and offer a good salary package dependant on experience.
All referrals welcomed and if you are interested please apply through the advert or get in touch on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0433 987817.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....