Are you an experienced Senior Civil/Structural Engineer looking to work with an outstanding team of professionals who have extensive experience in all fields of engineering consultancy, including but not limited structural, civil, hydraulic, electrical and mechanical.
Commencing in early 2024 and based in beautiful Launceston in Northern Tasmania, there will be an opportunity to join a leading Tasmanian engineering company as a Senior Civil/Structural Engineer. This key role will be required to have demonstrated experience in but not limited to carpark, roadway, site sewer, building sewer and stormwater drainage, water sensitive urban design, civil pavements, site fire hydrant and hydrant booster assemblies, structural framing and wind, snow and earthquake loadings.
This role will be ideal for a senior level civil/structural engineer with extensive experience in condition reporting and analysis, participating in briefing meetings and creating and distributing relevant communications, making design recommendations and preparing layout markups and specific sketch details for drafters to undertake.
To be successful in your new role, you will be able to prepare schedules and overall specifications for required projects, review and provide feedback for markup documentation and participate in design meetings with all internal and external stakeholders. You will play a key role with quality assurance and contract administration and be familiar with all structural civil and hydraulic requirements of the BCA including State Amendments and ensuring compliance of designs. Familiarity with SpaceGass, Teklar Tedds, Watercom Drains, DesignIT, iExpert, Bluebeam, Spanman, AutoCAD, Civil 3D and Revit is also required.
To be considered for this position you must:
- Possess 5 to 10 years experience in Civil/Structural engineering in a commercial environment.
- Be a member of MIEAust with qualifications and experience suitable for listing on the National Engineering Register.
- Be Licenced in Tasmania as a Civil Engineer – Individual and Civil Engineer Unrestricted.
- Possess the ability to achieve registration with Consumer Affairs Victorian and RPEQ desirable.
- Have experience as a Project Leader on a diverse range of projects - managing resources and team and providing mentoring.
- Have concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess the ability to interoperate AS2870 and AS1726 geotechnical assessments.
- Be able to multitask on multiple projects concurrently, prioritising tasks for self and team.
- Be familiar with the Urban Drainage Act.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the applicable Australian Standards.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to be successful in this position, please apply now at www.randstad.com.au. Alternatively, please call Claire O’Loughlin on 0457 662 765 for a confidential conversation.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background.