Parks Victoria is currently looking for a Senior Project Manager who will be responsible for the delivery of marine infrastructure projects - providing leadership and managing the efficient implementation of major capital projects and other programs of work ranging from $5M to $50M. The Senior Project Manager will be required to partner with commercial stakeholders at all stages of the project lifecycle and to assess and provide strategic input on commercial impacts of any changes.
About Parks Victoria
Parks Victoria is committed to maintaining the health of the natural environment and of our parks and reserves, while providing a range of excellent visitor services. All Parks Victoria's staff contribute to improving these wonderful parks every day while protecting and conserving them now and for future generations.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for leading the governance of Capital Projects to ensure that projects are managed in accordance with Project Management Frameworks with strong governance and oversight in accordance with key procedures, guidelines and policies including Procurement and Risk Management.
Your application will be assessed against the following qualifications, experience and key capabilities:
- A tertiary qualification in engineering, architecture, project or construction management or in a related field
- Experience working with an established Project Management Framework.
- Extensive experience in the procurement and management of external consultant project managers
- Significant experience in delivering multiple concurrent major capital projects with experience in both client-side and consultant-side project management.
- Superior supplier management skills with experience in leading and managing suppliers (consultants, contractors etc), and a proven ability to develop skills and behaviours in the supplier teams, to ensure the large workgroup delivers effectively on its expectations and deliverables.
- Strong influencing and communication skills with a very wide audience of stakeholders in ways that ensure understanding and maximise engagement to influence outcomes.
- Proven professional writing skills with the ability to write detailed Project Control Group Reports and other such reports including Board papers, to communicate effectively to the Project Control group and Executive team.
- Highly capable in the financial management of major capital projects.
- Strong risk management capabilities with regards to the delivery of capital projects including the establishment and active use of detailed risk registers for each project.
- A working knowledge of industry standard contracts including but not limited to AS2124, AS4300, Minor Works and professional service agreements.
- Creative and innovative thinker who applies original thinking in approaches to job responsibilities and the delivery of capital projects to improve processes, methods, systems and services.
What we offer
- Excellent career advancement working for a government organisation.
- Initial 3 year fixed term contract.
- Competitive remuneration of $119,571 - $168,000 + super depending upon your experience.
Have a question before applying? Please contact Roger Joseph at email@example.com or 0403321969. Please apply via the link, attaching your CV and Cover letter in word format.
Application Closing date: Monday 18th October 2021 at 8pm.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....