- Permanent position in Defence
- Apply your Project Management skills in meaningful work
- Flexible work in a strong team environment
Randstad Defence is looking for an experienced Senior Project Manager based in Edinburg Parks, Adelaide, SA.
Senior Project Manager is accountable for managing and leading a team of Engineers and Support System specialists, including providing clear and consistent communication, setting clear performance and behavioural standards, managing performance, delegating responsibilities and guiding/developing people.
Key elements of the role:
- Lead the team to Plan, Govern and Assure IAW best practices that ensure program objectives are achieved.
- Ensure the team understands their roles and responsibilities and are held accountable for their contributions to program objectives.
- Assess and evaluate project performance against agreed plans
- Build and sustain a network of key stakeholders, communicate and negotiate effectively.
- Integrate risk and opportunity management into planning, decision making and priority setting.
- Represent the project at mandated reviews. This includes presenting the project status at formal governance reviews.
- Act as the project’s primary interface for internal and external Government departments.
- Coordinate and draft responses to internal and external media announcements as required.
- Drafting and coordination of project reports and metrics, including updates to Government. Mandated reporting includes Monthly Reporting System (MRM / PPRIP), Quarterly Performance Reports, Senate Estimates brief and Ministerial Question Briefs.
- Develop commercial strategies for introduction of new requirements or resolution of existing commercial issues through changes to contracts.
- Collaborate with the Contractor to find opportunities to reduce costs and improve the schedule.
The successful candidate will have:
- At least 10+ years experience in complex project management environment (preferably defence related)
- Excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills
- Extensive knowledge in legislative frameworks, government decision-making and Defence’s mission and policies requirements.
- Have a technical background.
- Broad knowledge of CASG legislative frameworks, government decision-making and Defence’s mission and policies requirements.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications including Visio, Excel and Project.
- Experience with or understanding of CASG/Defence Project Management
- Well-developed understanding of contemporary PM methodologies coupled with proven understanding of Earned Value Management, Project Controls, Scheduling and Risk Management
- NV1 Security Clearance
If you are interested, please 'Apply' now! Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....