Senior Freedom of Information Officer (APS6)
- Disability Sector, Multiple Positions
- Great Team Environment
- 12 Month Contract, Federal Government
This is a great role for an exceptional individual with outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written, who is committed to building and managing key relationships with your team and other stakeholders, in order to achieve the objectives of the department.
As a Senior Freedom of Information (FOI) Officer you will support and assist the team in the coordination of FOI requests and the handling of all information requirements to ensure that the Agency’s legal obligations are met in accordance with the FOI Act. You will have demonstrated knowledge and experience in statutory decision making, a sound understanding and knowledge (or ability to obtain) of the FOI Act and procedures together with an understanding of administrative law.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Prepare FOI requests in accordance with the FOI Act, meeting all statutory requirements and timeframes and undertake all necessary reporting
- Assist in the coordination of in-house and outsourced FOI services
- Managing priorities of clients and stakeholder resources in order to deliver results in time and within budget
- Preparing and contributing to a range of written documents including briefing materials for Ministers, Board Papers, media releases, reports to Parliamentary committees, and correspondence
- Assist in the development of systems, processes and practical tools including training to support FOI handling and awareness
Ideally you will possess:
- Sound written communications and an ability to write and prepare documentation to a high standard
- Experience in statutory decision making and the FOI Act
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills to ensure stakeholders (internal and external) needs are met and to ensure productive relationships and stakeholder satisfaction.
- Attention to detail, superior time management skills and a positive and flexible work attitude are essential!
How to Apply:
Please select “Apply Now” above.
For a confidential discussion and to find out more about this opportunity please call Sonia Charman from Randstad on 8468 8007
More Opportunities with our Public Sector Clients
Randstad is an approved talent supplier to all levels of government. We recruit for a broad range of job types across all departments. If this role isn’t for you, view all our government job opportunities on our dedicated site: https://www.randstad.com.au/jobs/q-government/south-australia/
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background.