Our client is a US Listed leading global medical devices company who are seeking an experienced and forward thinking Senior Financial Accountant to join their team finance team.
The successful candidate will report into the Finance Director ANZ and be responsible for all financial accounting and associated processes for ANZ including month, quarter and year end reporting requirements. As well as Payroll, the preparation of all tax returns (BAS, GST, Payroll, FBT, Income, etc), and the preparation of statutory accounts.
Key accountabilities include, however are not limited to:
- Integrity, accuracy and timeliness of all financial transactions
- Monthly, quarterly and year end reporting requirements
- Preparation and reconciliation of the monthly, quarterly and year end P&L and Balance Sheet
- All payroll related activities. This includes, but is not limited to, working with external Payroll provider to ensure all payroll requirements are completed accurately and timely;
- Maintenance and operation of GL and Chart of Accounts
- Calculation of the Service Revenue
- Maintaining all business required insurance policies with the appropriate value
- Preparation and submission of all tax related requirements, eg, BAS, GST, FBT, Income Tax, Payroll Tax, etc
- Preparation of statutory accounts
- Primary contact for all Audit related activity (both internal and external)
- Oversee the Fixed Asset Register (i.e., capitalisation, depreciation and maintenance)
- Oversee the actual cashflow and forecasted cashflow
- Develop and maintain an effective working relationship with all Banking partners
- Identify and implement process improvement opportunities, eg process automation
Qualifications and experience:
- CPA or CA qualification;
- Training at a Chartered firm will be advantageous;
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- 10 years + post qualification experience in a similar role;
- “Hands on” Payroll experience
- Extensive tax experience – BAS, FBT, Income, Payroll
- Solid Statutory Accounts preparation experience – Australia and New Zealand
- Experience with mainstream ERP systems; Oracle highly desirable
- Advanced MS Excel skills;
- The ability to manage a small team;
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Willingness to improve processes and strong team orientation.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....