About the company
My client is a leading global multinational bank and financial services company. It is headquartered and listed in Australian stock exchange and employs several thousand staff. The bank has a portfolio of financial services brands and businesses and provide a broad range of banking and financial services in Australian market. They have strong customer facing divisions around consumer, banking and institution banking.
About the role
Because of their immense growth in their Data Engineering portfolio, an exciting opportunity has come up in one of their offices in Sydney. You will be joining their elite engineering team and playing a key role in creating their next year data capabilities at an enterprise level. You will be responsible for end-to-end accountability for design, developing, deploying and supporting your data assets as well as creating templates and implementation methods and standards.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WHILST IT IS A SYDNEY ROLE, CANDIDATES FROM OTHER CITIES (ESPECIALLY MELBOURNE) ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY Skill Sets
You need to have the following skill sets to excel in this role:
- Experience in solution architecture and high-level design with an ability to lead technical design discussions, estimation, and planning
- Experience in implementing and leveraging data platforms including data integration tools (ETL, ELT and real-time), data warehouses, data governance, analytics, and data science tools
- Big Data experience using open-source distributed data processing frameworks such as Hadoop, Spark and big data storage formats (such as Parquet, ORC, Avro)
- Data Architecture and experience (including different data modelling techniques such as 3NF models, star schemas or Data Vault), Data Governance and broader Information Management domain
- Exposure and deep understanding of implementation aspects for several database solutions – including classic SQL databases, analytical appliances (such as Teradata, Vertica or Netezza) and modern Cloud-based PaaS solutions (eg. Google BigQuery, Spanner)
- Building and maturing data engineering team and optimising delivery through training, outsourcing, recruitment, automation etc.
Your day to day responsibilities would include challenging the bank’s technical ambitions and partnering with their chief product owners, directors of engineering and lead engineers to ensure that they are building next year’s capabilities. With a very flat & hands on culture you will get to know the bank’s senior engineers, very well working with them daily; unafraid to drive the direction of a major incident or change the thinking of a key stakeholder. You will be given opportunities for your ongoing professional development and free technical certifications to be highly successful and competitive in your role.
It is an urgent position and my client is interviewing candidates at the moment. It is an exceptional opportunity for someone who has significant Data Engineering experience and have experience in cloud and Big Data technologies and a desire to work in a DevOps environment with. Only Australian Permanent Residents and Citizens required for this role.
For more information on the role, please either apply or contact Nathan Sabherwal on 0430 880 196. Randstad is a specialist recruitment agency specializing in IT, Accounting and Corporate Services, Engineering and Sales & Marketing. We can always help you in finding the right permanent or contract role.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background.