Randstad Defence is proud to service a Major Service Provider (MSP) on the Future Submarines Program (FSP) and present an opportunity for a Senior Cost Modeller.
About the opportunity:
The Senior Cost Modeller will:
- Give input to Ministerial Advice and Cabinet Submissions seeking government decisions on costing and budgets;
- Do presentation of Cost Modelling to independent reviewers and high-level decision-makers;
- Manage articulation of the economic impact of the FSP across the full range of design and acquisition strategies under consideration;
- Effect continued benchmarking to inform both the development of performance improvement arrangements in long-term partnering agreements, and to inform the use of productivity factors in cost forecasts;
- Review and update of the current program cost management strategy, covering all aspects of cost control, including the management and analysis of risk provisions by prime contractors and CoA;
- Review and set budgets, target costs, reserves and contingencies, and develop an understanding of program affordability;
- Facilitate input and the analysis of various components of the FSP joint cost model
- Mentor and coach the APS Cost Modelling team.
The successful candidate must satisfy the following criteria:
- Demonstrated significant experience in cost estimation, modelling and forecasting on large scale, complex major capital equipment programs similar in size and complexity to the FSP;
- Demonstrated understanding of, and experience in, public policy and operating in a Commonwealth Government framework (Mandatory);
- Assessed level of demonstrated experience in working in a team environment (Mandatory).
Given the nature of these positions, applicants must be Australian citizens, and a security clearance, preferably an NV1, will be required.
Randstad Australia is a leading recruitment agency specialising in recruitment & HR solutions, across the broadest range of skills, disciplines and industry sectors. At Randstad, we are committed to offering equitable employment opportunities and embracing diversity for the benefit of all. We welcome and highly urge Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for these positions. An inclusive culture and exciting, supportive career opportunities await.
These opportunities are available to commence as soon as possible. Therefore, please do not hesitate to contact me for a confidential discussion and further information. My email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Randstad Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message, please report it to Scam Watch at www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam [link removed].
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....