School Psychologist/Counsellor - Toowoomba (Maternity Leave Position)
If you have a passion for working with rural communities and enjoy a challenging diverse environment, then this position is ideal for you. Working collaboratively between two different schools in Toowoomba. With a wide network of School Counsellors in the region, you will be part of a great support team working together to promote and foster the mental and health wellbeing of all students through providing fantastic services.
- Paid school holidays whilst enjoying time off (only work 40 weeks a year!)
- Fixed contract until May 2022
- Salary of $105,000-$1110,000 plus super
- Support Network of other School Guidance Counsellors with a Counsellor based in each school in the organisation as well as the two Principals of the schools
- Ongoing professional development and mentoring
ABOUT YOUR ROLE:
- Ability to work with a diverse age and range of students and adapt practices accordingly
- Collaborating with school staff and other various stakeholders in identifying and developing various proactive activities to address areas of development
- Conduct and determine appropriate assessments for students
- Assessing and identifying the level of needs of students in crisis and developing appropriate interventions and action plans
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders such as parents, carers, school staff, and other professionals to work together and aid the well being of students
- Regular participation in individual and group supervision and mentoring activities
- Qualifications in Teaching, Psychology or Guidance Counselling with relevant registrations such as AHPRA, APS and QCT (if teacher qualified).
- Preferred experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of the relevant legislation such as child protection
- Facilitates meaningful outcomes for students and their families
- Team player and able to work and communicate with various different stakeholders, for one goal
- A current Australian driver’s license and a Blue card, or willingness to obtain one
- Be committed and passionate about making a difference in a rural community, and know the importance of the role
- Empathy with the values and ethos of the catholic faith
Randstad health & school care is dedicated to the candidate management process. If you have specific questions, please call Kate Peraux on 1 300 289 817 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. She would love to speak with you!!
Our commitment to safeguarding people.
Randstad is committed to the safety and well being of all the people we provide support and care to including children and vulnerable individuals. We take steps to achieve this through our candidate application process. All applicants are required to provide criminal history checks such as a valid Police Check, and where necessary a valid state-based Working with Children Check and/or a National Police Check which are thoroughly screened. Other necessary screening/proof of registrations will be required depending upon your role type. In some circumstances and International Police Clearance is also required. Your consultant will be able to advise if this is applicable to you. Lastly, references are conducted in relation to the applicants' interactions with individuals under your care using an online platform that has an inbuilt fraud alert. Employment is subject to clearance of all relevant checks to ensure the safeguarding of vulnerable people and children who may be in your care.
Refer a friend and you could earn $250
Are you looking for a permanent position in health, care or support or know someone who is? Sign up with us or refer a friend and you could earn a $250 voucher each! Conditions apply....