Randstad is currently looking for a Project officer for a 12 month contract based in Townsville with our Government Client.
Operating from within the Clients Georesources division, you will be part of a dedicated team that is responsible for management and remediation of abandoned mines. You will provide support towards the planning and delivery of project works associated with risk management and remediation of abandoned mines and associated infrastructure, in conjunction with the Project Manager and other internal and external resource.
About the role:
- Provide advice to the Project Manager on a broad range of technical issues.
- Schedule and execute a range of Project tasks at abandoned mine sites throughout Queensland.
- Develop scopes of work and technical specifications to engage consultants and contractors in line with departmental procurement processes, oversee contract management and project evaluation.
- Participate in stakeholder engagement activities with lease/landholders, Traditional Owners and Government Agencies.
- Undertake site field inspections including trip planning, risk assessments and technical monitoring activities as required.
- Interpret the results of technical monitoring activities and provide recommendations of technical investigations/studies and define proposed works for management consideration.
- A relevant degree or equivalent in a technical field highly regarded (e.g. Science, Engineering, Other).
- Industry experience within mining highly regarded.
- Project management qualifications and experience.
- C-Class Driver’s License is essential.
- Overnight travel and work away from home may be a requirement of this role.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background.