- Be part of a great team within the Defence industry
- Be responsible for coordinating, scheduling and reporting on key project
- Enjoy flexibility, innovation focus and interesting work
We are currently recruiting for the position of Project Controller in Melbourne, VIC.
About the Opportunity
The Project Controller is responsible for coordinating the proper use of the company Earned Value Management (EVM) System so that the project management team can adequately monitor and report on project cost and schedule progress. In the conduct of assigned duties, the Project Controller must maintain the goodwill of the Customer and company management, by ensuring that our established EVM processes are carried out to report and manage the project with timely, accurate EVM data.
More specifically, you will:
- Assist the Project Manager, PM team & (CAM’s) to establish and manage the initial project cost & schedule baseline.
- Establish and maintain Contract Work Breakdown Structure, CWBS Dictionary & CWBS Index.
- Establish and maintain the Project Schedule and Cost Account detailed schedules.
- Establish and maintain the Work Package level budgets & EV techniques
- Integrate the overall project schedule.
- Establish the Project Authorisation & other project budget documentation
- Use cost & schedule tools incl. Open Plan, Microsoft Project and Cobra and Primavera (P6).
- Assist CAM’s use Open Plan/Microsoft Project/P6 if they are scheduling themselves.
- Provide project reporting and analysis data to the project team on a monthly basis.
- Coordinate the month-end EVM process of Cost Account status reporting, accruals, schedule stat using and forecasting, estimate to complete data input, provision of progress and variance analysis reports.
- Provide customer required and management level EVM data & associated schedule reports.
- Support data input into the Contract Review Pack (CRP).
- Provide assistance to the CAM’s in performance management, in particular for data analysis, variance analysis reporting and forecasting.
- Assist the Project Manager & PM team (CAM’s) to establish the initial project cost & schedule baseline.
- Provide schedule & performance measurement data analysis as required
- Perform minor finance and contract related functions under direct guidance of the Project Manager or functional staff.
- Contribute to the management and continual improvement of the company EVMS.
- Assist the Project Management Function with gaining and maintaining any Cost Schedule Control Systems Criteria (CSCSC) validation or project Cost Schedule Status Reporting (CSSR) accreditations.
As an ideal applicant for this opportunity, you’ll have:
- Experience/demonstrable competence/working knowledge of applicable tools, procedures and codes through previous project experience
- Minimum of 2 years project or general administration experience.
- Ability to see patterns, trends, or missing pieces.
- Ability to interact effectively with colleagues within and outside his/her immediate team, to implement business requirements.
- Well-developed self-management skills and demonstrated ability to work under his/her own initiative to deliver outputs to time, quality and cost.
- Ability to use good written and verbal communication skills is important to this role.
As Defence security clearance is required for this role, applicants must be Australian citizens and eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate clearance.
For the opportunity to become part of their high performing team and excellent culture, please click “apply now”. For a confidential discussion, please contact Hector Rodriguez on 0451 848 328.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....