Randstad have partnered with a reputable Council within Melbourne’s South Eastern Suburbs to connect them with an enthusiastic and talented Procurement Professional for initial short term contract arrangement.
This is a fantastic opportunity to propel your career within public sector procurement and work in an organisation that is committed to delivering high quality services to the community.
Reporting to the Team Leader of Procurement and Contracts, in this role you will manage all of Council’s high value end to end procurement processes and to provide support and advice on low value procurement activity.
- Build and maintain effective business partnering relationships within an allocated number of business streams (portfolio), and other stakeholders/customers.
- Coordinate end to end procurement advertising and publication of Council tenders, utilising appropriate electronic systems where necessary.
- Use of contract management software and e-tendering systems for the management of end-to-end procurement process management, reporting, and analysis.
- Provide information, education, advice and support to Management and Council employees in relation to tender, evaluation, contract and purchasing processes, tender document development and ongoing contract administration and management.
- Prepare reports regarding procurement activities and requirements, look for opportunities in the aggregate, and establishment of panels on behalf of Council departments.
- You will have demonstrated experience in an end to end procurement role ideally within a public sector organisation or similar discipline.
- Advanced Problem solving, communication and relationship management skills.
Benefits of joining the council
- Hybrid and flexible working arrangements
- Positive work culture
The Council promotes diversity and equal opportunity in employment.
To apply for a confidential discussion, contact Randstad’s procurement specialist Kat Buckingham on 0491845451 or send through a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background.