- Initial 6 month contract
- Parramatta location
- Well established Government agency
- Rate up to $950/day + super
Randstad is seeking an experienced Principal Engineer to guide, lead and undertake planning with a team of Developers for the creation and changes to large or complex applications.
- Develop and manage development practice by applying best practice methodologies and industry recognised standards, processes and systems, including co-ordination of input from developers across squads to ensure they are clear about the ways of working in a digital agile environment.
- Develop and implement specifications, systems design, effective solutions and tools, exploring different approaches to solving problems, to enable effective delivery and enhanced ways of working.
- Drive the analysis, identification, prioritisation and implementation of improvements and efficiencies to maximise value from services, including the potential for automation of processes, determining costs and benefits of new approaches, managing change and assisting implementation where needed.
- Plan and allocate resources across squads, including build and integration activities to create operational services and support effective delivery.
- Use technical expertise in the user story capture phase and translate user stories to design approaches that ensure the solution is sustainable and consideration is given to user needs and associated interfaces.
- Develop, implement and refine procedures for estimates, then assume technical responsibility for all stages of the software development process to ensure compliance with security and application development standards, communication with team and achievement of documented requirements.
- Monitor and report on 3rd level support of developed applications to reduce the impact of application defects, rework and related incidents; complying with incident and problem management processes.
- Analyse and respond to customer feedback and insights and contribute to ongoing improvements to products and service delivery.
- Strong experience in Java development.
- 3+ year experience in Microservice and familiar with Microservice patterns is preferred.
- Must have hands-on development experience in AWS.
- Experience in Spring Boot v2.x.
- Experience in Spring Data/ Hibernate.
- Experience in GIT, nice to have Bitbucket/Gitlab experience but not mandatory.
- Experience in SQL Queries, Oracle Queries •Good to have Kubernetes concepts and components understanding.
- Should know how to run Springboot apps in Docker containers and tune docker Configurations.
- Experience leading/managing a team.
If you wish to be considered for this role, visit the Apply button now. You can also get in touch with Kayla via email on email@example.com. Due to the large volume of applicants we receive daily, please be aware that only suitable candidates will be contacted.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....