About the company
My client is a leading and Australian bank headquartered in Sydney. The bank has a portfolio of financial services brands and businesses and provides a broad range of banking and financial services in the Australian market. They have strong customer facing divisions around consumer, banking and institution banking
About the role
The Portfolio Solution Designer role is a critical part of the Group Data team, which supports multiple data analytics platforms that ingest data from a wide range of operational data stores and transform the data into Data Products for end user consumption.
Portfolio Solution Designers are accountable for optimising solutions, components, and data products across multiple portfolios and negotiate the best solution with the technical and enterprise architects to meet business requirements and deliver high value reusable components and data products.
- Review programs to identify cross dependencies and similarities
- Define end-to-end solutions that span technologies including Hadoop & Big Data / Teradata Data Warehouse / ETL Tools (informatica) / BI Tools (e.g. Tableau and Power BI)
- Negotiating the proposed architecture with the enterprise architects and domain solution architects.
- Design and implement cross functional solutions that build enterprise data products across technologies and data platforms
- Break down cross program end to end data solutions into distributed technology and data component with builds to be completed in individual programs
- Ensure solutions maximise reuse benefits across multiple programs and engineer Data Products across sourcing, design, data quality and placement to maximise enterprise value and re-use
Please note that this is a newly created strategic role in a bank and involves working closely with the technical architects to negotiate the best solution design in big data and cloud platform.
What do I need?
- Extensive experience in solution design and development with solutions spanning Hadoop / Big Data (Including Kafka, NIFI) / Teradata warehouses / ETL tools (Informatica preferred) / BI Tools (Tableau, Power BI. OBIEE)
- Solution design experience optimising solutions for programs spanning multiple portfolios including Risk, Finance and HR
- Experience designing for Private Cloud environments (preferably Azure)
- Experience in design and development of Microservices solutions including APIs
- Background in solution design and experience working as a Solution Designer across multiple programs
- Experience in financial services with a good understanding of finance and risk awareness
It is an urgent position and my client is interviewing candidates at the moment. It is an exceptional opportunity for someone who has strong solution designing experience and has worked in big data and cloud platforms of a bank. Only Australian Permanent Residents and Citizens required for this role.
For more information on the role, please either apply or contact Nathan Sabherwal on 0430880196. Randstad is a specialist recruitment agency specializing in IT, Accounting and Corporate Services, Engineering and Sales & Marketing. We can always help you in finding the right permanent or contract role.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....