We are currently seeking applications from experienced Microsoft Project Schedulers for a permanent opportunity with an SA-based Manufacturer. Established in the 1930s this business has become a leading brand in the design, manufacturing, installation, and commissioning of transportable switch rooms & kiosk substations, switchboard, and control panel solutions.
Reporting to the General Manager, this role will liaise closely between the engineering department, production management, project management, procurement, and subcontractors for all projects.
- Developing MS Project schedules that reflect the deliverables required on Client projects.
- Developing a Global/Master project environment that has multiple sub-projects, each of these is a contracted project to various clients
- Accurately assigning resources from resource pools against tasks
- Developing MS Project templates for the various products manufactured. These templates would be utilised to build more complex schedules that deliver on a combination of the products.
- Managing a Master schedule (currently Excel-based) that is visible to the whole business.
- Generating reports across the Master project to forecast resource levels
- Generating early warning procurement (feeding data into MRP) and key deliverable reports
- Generating S-Curve reports to understand Actual hours vs Budget hours
- Generating Earned value reports, understanding if we are ahead or behind our budgets.
- Using MS Project to perform suggest resource leveling to flatten out project lumps
- Updating schedules when there is change, ie variations, Scope changes, etc. Additionally, being able to use the schedule to support requests for Extensions of Time or Delay Notices.
- Developing an understanding of capacity in the business, resources, plant, floor space and utilising this information to develop production slots.
- Detail focused
- Naturally inquisitive in order to understand the correct order/flow of tasks
- A desire to continually improve and develop continuous improvement processes
- Strong MS Project experience and use of MS Project Online
- Developing master schedules and utilising global resource pools
To apply online, please click on the appropriate link. Alternatively, for a confidential discussion, please do not hesitate to contact Randstad’s Power & Energy specialist, Tom Kerwood on 08 8150 7001.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....