Randstad Defence is seeking a Naval Architect to assist with a key maritime project. You will report to the Naval Architecture Manager. This opportunity is located on Garden Island, but there is the possibility of working remotely. The role focuses on system integration and upgraded weapon systems for the minehunter class ship, doing mainly structural design.
About the Role
- Plan activities or procedures to execute assigned design tasks, including staffing, material costs, and quantity estimates.
- Utilise your technical skills to perform a variety of design tasks while adhering to a strict deadline.
- Review and approve design/maintenance modifications, as well as write regular reports.
- Ensure that maintenance schedules are followed and additional ad hoc activities are handled accordingly.
- Negotiate and agree on project costs, timelines, and requirements with clients.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will possess:
- Knowledge of class societies, experience with Finite Element Analysis, and knowledge of relevant design standards are desirable;
- Bachelor's/tertiary degree in Naval Architecture or equivalent experience, such as Engineers with marine structural experience
- Well-developed problem-diagnosis and problem-solving abilities;
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills;
- Must be able to access ITAR/US Export Technology Control and, as such, cannot be from, have significant relations with, or be a dual citizen of a prescribed/prohibited tier 1 or tier 2 nation.
The candidate must be an Australian citizen, and Baseline security clearance is required.
If you're as passionate about this position as we are, please do not hesitate to apply now or send either Lucas or Pinkey an email. We would love to hear from you and discuss these roles further in detail and in confidence. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Randstad Australia will never request money from you during the recruitment process. Please be aware of scam messages asking for money for an administration fee, visa or similar. If you receive such a message, please report it to Scam Watch at www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....