Randstad Canberra has partnered with a Montessori childcare centre opening in June 2021 to recruit permanent full-time Early Childhood Teachers.
About the centre
This new and modern early childhood centre is licenced for 118 children and will offer Montessori early educational programs to children aged 0 to 6 years.
The service will feature seven beautiful Montessori classrooms and two beautiful outdoor play areas.
These spaces will be structured to provide flexible learning environments, mix play between different age groups, uninterrupted play and will be child led to provide children automony, choice and freedom within limits for their learning.
The curriculum will cover five key learning areas; practical life, sensorial, mathematics, language and culture. Beyond the classroom, the centre's outdoor area will feature play equipment, an art and craft area, gardens, teepee, gross motor activities and sandpits.
About the position
As a qualified teacher, you will be expected to supervise children aged 0-6 years and implement a Montessori educational approach.
- Provide high quality care to meet the physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs of individuals and groups of children
- Plan and implement programs for children in collaboration with centre team and families
- Document children's learning through journals and childcare apps to ensure children's interests and developmental needs are met
- Share in the general cleaning and maintenance of the centre, ensuring that the environment is safe and hygienic
- Build and maintain strong relationships with families, stakeholders and local community partners
- Onsite parking
- Fantastic training and development programs (monthly inhouse montessori training)
- Excellent career advancement opportunities
- Programming time
- Staff discounts
Our commitment to safeguarding children and young people.
Randstad Education is committed to the safety and well being of all children and young people. We take steps to achieve this through our candidate application process. All applicants are required to provide a valid state-based Working with Children Check which is thoroughly screened. In some circumstances, a Federal Police Check and an International Police Clearance is also required. Your consultant will be able to advise if this is applicable to you. Lastly, references are conducted in relation to the applicant's interactions with children using an online platform that has an inbuilt fraud alert. Employment is subject to clearance of all these checks to ensure the safeguarding of children and young people.
Refer a friend and you could earn $250
Are you looking for a permanent position in education or know someone who is? Sign up to Randstad Education or refer a friend and you could earn a $250 voucher! Call 1300 360 014 to find out more. Conditions apply....