About the company:
Our client is an international mining company with a long history of mining in South Australia. Utilising low impact recovery methods, this mining client has an excellent record of safety, stability and future planning.
Due to capital growth projects and processing plant upgrades, our client is seeking a highly experienced Civil Supervisor to oversee major plant upgrade and expansion projects.
About the role:
Reporting to the Project Manager - Major Projects, the Civil Supervisor position is responsible for overseeing the major contractor on construction projects. These projects include concrete, structural steel, pipe lines, processing equipment, control systems and tanks.
- Contractor management
- Ensure the team is set up daily for success
- Supervision of site works of construction and projects
- Recognition, reporting of and removing hazards
- Ensuring projects run smoothly and safely through observation and hands on leadership
- Safety & QA documentation
- Ensuring essential equipment availability (forklifts, cranes, etc.)
- Working closely with operations and maintenance teams to ensure projects are resourced and delivered effectively
- Leads by example with an approachable and friendly attitude
- Previous demonstrated contractor management experience
- An overriding commitment to health and safety
- Minimum of three years experience in a similar heavy industry construction supervisory role (ideally mining)
This 6 month contract role is offered on a 2/1 FIFO roster, with camp accommodation provided.
For further information or to apply, please contact Jono Sawers, mining specialist at Randstad on 08 8150 7005 or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background.