Ventia are currently seeking experienced Fitters to join the team at Ross Island Barracks, Townsville. The role of the Mechanical Fitter in the Marine Division is to perform all tasks associated with the maintenance and repairs to the Army's local fleet of landing craft (LCM8). This role is expected to be an initial 3-month temporary contract with the idea of leading on to permanent from there. This role will start asap for the right applicant.
- Perform preventative maintenance, servicing, repairs and breakdown maintenance on the LCM8 fleet
- Undertake major overhauls and authorised modifications to this fleet
- Conduct vessel start-ups and system function tests which may include basin and harbour trials
- Work safely within timeframes specified in work orders to the required work standards
- Maintain maintenance records associated with the work conducted
- Ensure that technical procedures, inspections and test plans are performed within accordance with QA requirements
Skills and Experience:
- Possess a recognised Trade Certificate III in Engineering - Mechanical Trade (MEM30205) or Trade Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology (AUR31116) or equivalent
- Open drivers licence
- The ability to obtain a current CPR, Confined Space and working at heights ticket would be highly desirable
- Australian Citizenship and the ability to pass a police clearance
- Open and clear communication within a team environment
- Previous experience within a marine maintenance environment to maintain Class 2B vessels and associated equipment would be highly regarded but is not essential
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and have the above requirements, please apply now to be a part of our great team enviroment working on some really intersting equipment....