This Librarian position is for 3 days a week (Wednesday, Thursday and Friday) and includes one shift which commences at 12.30pm and finishes at 8.00pm, with 30 mins lunch, and one shift which commences at 10.30am and finishes at 6.00pm, with 30 minutes lunch.
The remaining shift is within standard working hours. Shifts are applicable during school Term. During vacations the normal day shift applies.
Librarians work collaboratively and are responsible for ensuring all customers are information literate, are provided with timely and quality information and are successful in learning by undertaking instruction in best-practice information access and assessment.
- Provide reference services ensuring the delivery of relevant high-quality information to meet the needs of customers from a range of sectors.
- Provide information literacy instruction to develop effective independent use of information resources.
- Provide support and referral to customers, assisting them with their information and learning needs.
- Contribute to the development, responsive delivery and evaluation of library and information services which support and enrich the learning and study of customers.
- Liaise with teaching and other staff to establish priorities for library and information services. 6. Contribute to the development, deployment and evaluation of relevant high-quality, library and information collections and library guides meeting the information needs of customers.
- Contribute to the development, implementation and evaluation of relevant high-quality, library and information systems.
- Promote library and information services to a range of stakeholders to maximize their use.
- Place the customer at the centre of all decision making.
- Work with the Line Manager to develop and review meaningful performance management and development plans
- Degree or post-graduate qualification in library and information studies and/or eligible for admission to associate membership of the Australian Library & Information Association.
- Demonstrated knowledge of library and information services, systems, procedures and current developments.
- Demonstrated understanding of information literacy outcomes and ability to develop and deliver training.
- Well-developed information technology skills and demonstrated commitment to the implementation of the use of online resources and communication technologies in an educational environment.
- Ability to address and meet focus capabilities as stated in the position description
If you can picture yourself working for randstad as a Librarian please forward your resume to email@example.com in word format and WWCC if on hand. Please introduce yourself in the email and confirm your qualification.
Cut off is tuesday 15th of june.
Please note: We receive hundreds of applications and are unable to reply to individual submissions. If you have not heard back from us within 72 hours of applying, please assume your application was not shortlisted on this occasion. We appreciate the time in letting us get to know you and we are sorry we cannot reply to every applicant.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....