Randstad Education is seeking a Diploma Lead Educator for a permanent full-time position in the 3-4 room at an Exceeding rated ELC in Elsternwick.
About the organisation
The position available is with a privately owned and operated service which provides education and care for children from 3 months of age to 6 years old children who embrace the Jewish culture and traditions.
About the 3-4 Room
You will be in charge of the pre-kinder room, consisting of 22 children and 3 assistant educators. Programming and planning experience is a must and you need to be confident using the EYLF. You will report to the Educational Leader and Director and part take in bi-weekly team meetings
- Hold or working towards an ACECQA approved Cert III or Diploma qualification
- Current Working with Children's Check
- Current Anaphylaxis, Asthma, CPR and First Aid Certificates or willingness to obtain one
- Current Child Protection Training or willingness to obtain one
- Must have experience as an Educator or Room Leader
About your new position
As the Lead Educator, you will be responsible for the daily leadership and planning for the pre-kinder room.
This will include the following responsibilities:
- Achieve the best learning outcomes for children
- Develop and deliver a curriculum which is founded on the centre's philosophy as well as the principles, practices and outcomes of the EYLF, whilst following childcare regulations and National Quality Standards
- Create positive learning environments encouraging play-based learning
- Build professional, respectful and open communication with children, families and educators
- Observe and record children's growth, development and achievements using a variety of methods
- Ensure the learning environment is clean, hygienic, safe and engaging
- Actively contribute to the centre's QIP
- Coordinate informative daily updates to families via our interactive app
- Take pride in our amazing centre's presentation
- Enjoy working with a fun and happy team
- Very generous salary package
- 7 weeks paid leave
- 6-8 hours planning time
- 3 room assistance
If you are looking for the next step in your career please call Vanessa or Melanie at Randstad Education on 8630 7400 or simply click apply now.
Our commitment to safeguarding children and young people.
Randstad Education is committed to the safety and well being of all children and young people. We take steps to achieve this through our candidate application process. All applicants are required to provide a valid state-based Working with Children Check which is thoroughly screened. In some circumstances, a Federal Police Check and an International Police Clearance is also required. Your consultant will be able to advise if this is applicable to you. Lastly, references are conducted in relation to the applicant's interactions with children using an online platform that has an inbuilt fraud alert. Employment is subject to clearance of all these checks to ensure the safeguarding of children and young people.
Refer a friend and you could earn $250
Are you looking for a permanent position in education or know someone who is? Sign up to Randstad Education or refer a friend and you could earn a $250 voucher! Call 1300 360 014 to find out more. Conditions apply....