Are you looking for an opportunity to work in the government sector doing meaningful, diverse and challenging work? Or are you currently a professional within a legal field in Government and would like to upgrade to an ongoing role within a large Federal Government Organisation?
If so, we want to hear from you. You’ll be doing work you can’t do anywhere else and making a real difference to the economic and social wellbeing of Australians by challenging yourself and delivering a world class client experience.
For the right people a competitive salary, 15.4% Super, generous leave structure, work/life balance and the opportunity to become part of an award‑winning and highly professional organisation awaits.
About these roles:
You will be joining an elite team of tax law specialists in their Tax Counsel Network (TCN) and Policy, Analysis and Legislation (PAL) areas.
As a TCN Law Interpretation Specialist you will be tasked with leading and coordinating technically complex or sensitive law interpretation work programs or projects that have strategic and operational significance. To be successful in this role you will be able to demonstrate an extensive understanding of the application of tax and superannuation laws and policies in a commercial and community context. Your ability to research, analyse, apply your expertise and provide expert advice on the highest risk and most important issues to executives and external stakeholders will be demonstrated by your career experience. TCN roles require recognised qualifications in a tax, business or law-related discipline.
As a PAL Law Interpretation Specialist, development, design and analysis of policy proposals will be your focus. With an integrated tax design approach using your professional qualifications and skills to properly assess changes to legislation, policies and practices. An improved client experience which is more streamlined will be paramount as you champion the simplification of tax and superannuation laws.
The ideal candidate has:
- future focused with expert knowledge of tax and superannuation laws and policies with exemplary law interpretation skills
- a strong desire to lead and provide technical expertise ensuring integrated tax design objectives are met in the development of policy and draft law
- integrity, making ethical decisions that demonstrate respect and understanding of the organisation’s cultural traits
- resolution skills with proven ability across complex tax technical issues
- leadership and able to manage and develop small teams of junior tax specialists
- strategic direction including an extensive understanding of the broader impacts of legislative/policy changes on organisations and the community
- a collaborative communicative approach working with stakeholders on highly sensitive and contested tax issues
To work with this organisation you will need to agree to pre-engagement integrity checks and either have a Baseline security clearance or the ability to obtain one.
**Please note only applications received by 15th September at 12pm will be accepted**
If you believe you are a workforce star who fits the above key skills then we want to hear from you.
Please apply within using a tailored resume outlining your qualifications and experience as well as a 500 word statement of suitability.
For a more detailed and confidential discussion please email firstname.lastname@example.org
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....