Randstad are proud to offer the opportunity to be part of a reputed organisation that is currently seeking the services of a Senior / Principal Groundwater Modeller for an initial 12 month contract period.
Operating from within the Office of Groundwater Impact Assessment (OGIA), you will provide key input into groundwater/geoscience research and projects carried out by OGIA. You will have a key role in integrating and assimilating outputs from multidisciplinary projects into cutting-edge models for the assessment of groundwater impacts from resource development (petroleum and gas, and mining). The outcomes of this work have direct implications on the responsible development of the resources sector in Queensland.
OGIA is an independently funded entity for the assessment and management of cumulative impacts from resource development. The multidisciplinary technical team comprises a combination of hydrogeologists, geologists, ecologists and modellers with additional support from some of the world’s leading modelling experts.
The role of the senior/principal modeller would be primarily to develop, calibrate and run impact assessment/hypothesis-testing models of varying complexities, and/or be part of a modelling team to support various components of regional-scale modelling.
The key duties and accountabilities of the successful candidate will include:
- Build and develop local and regional scale complex groundwater flow models for impact assessment.
- Develop and implement novel techniques to improve modelling techniques for predictions of groundwater impacts.
- Write and review high-quality technical reports.
- Provide high-level technical advice in relation to groundwater research.
- Maintain an awareness of relevant research activities in the areas of hydrogeology and groundwater modelling.
- Represent OGIA in a professional capacity at national, state and industry conferences and workshops.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities and qualifications/skills:
- Technical Expertise – Demonstrated experience and sound understanding in developing, calibrating and running complex groundwater flow models.
- Solutions Focussed – Develops novel or innovative solutions to problems to affect change in a positive and sustained way.
- Communication – Prepares advanced technical reports, presentations and documentations relating to groundwater modelling and assessment.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in either hydrogeology, geology, hydrology, engineering, science or applied science; and
- Extensive previous working experience in managing technical projects and carrying out regional-scale geological and hydrogeological modelling studies.
Additionally they will demonstrate strong oral/written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills. They will display initiative, attention to detail, and have the ability to work autonomously and unsupervised whilst contributing to the wider team's objectives of ensuring service delivery exceeds expectations.
Our client is proud to offer the successful candidate the following:
- Opportunity to be part of an outcome-focused reputed organisation with stable funding arrangements.
- Learning and mentoring opportunities from some of industry’s leading national and international experts and practitioners in the field.
- Opportunity to work on regional-scale and strategic projects.
- Opportunity to collaborate and directly interact with stakeholders including landholders, industry, research organisations and regulators.
- Opportunity to think outside the box and design projects and research to meet specific objectives.
- Competitive remuneration package with secure and stable employment compared to industry peers.
Apply by clicking onto the "Apply" button. Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience as part of your application.
For a confidential discussion of this opportunity, please do not hesitate to contact James Chapman on 07 3031 3220 or email email@example.com
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....