- Initial 6 month contract - View to extend
- Parramatta location
- Well established Government agency
- $ Negotiable
Randstad is seeking an experienced Senior Java Developer and Java Developer to be responsible for the creation of large or complex applications that facilitate the achievements of business outcomes.
- Prepare specialised, quality code that complies with specifications and standards, as required by the user stories (requirements) and aligned to product design to enable on time application development.
- Collaborate with others to review specifications and use agreed specifications, and correct standards and tools applying security standards, best practice methodologies and industry recognised standards, processes and systems to design, code, test and document programs or scripts of medium to high complexity.
- Complete unit/system testing and gather feedback to improve quality and reduce operational risk of the developed application, ensuring risks are adequately understood, documented and mitigated.
- Undertake post release activities to develop a base of knowledge to be incorporated in future build and release cycles in compliance with release and change management processes.
- Provide 3rd level application support and problem resolution to minimise the impact of application related service outages including identifying, locating and competently fixing faults; complying with incident and problem management processes.
- Translate user stories and propose development approaches or services to meet needs engaging in meaningful interactions and relationships with users and working collaboratively with Analysts and Testers, contributing to the Agile practice for Development user stories and test scenarios, to ensure an effective delivery system.
- Contribute technical expertise to user stories analysis to enhance the quality of the solution design for new or existing products.
- Identify and explore opportunities for service and business improvement including analysis and response to customer feedback and insights and contribute to ongoing improvements to products and service delivery; recognising the potential for automation of processes.
- Strong experience with Java development.
- Experience with Microservices and familiar with Microservice patterns.
- Some hands-on development experience in AWS.
- Extensive experience in Spring Boot.
- Experience in GIT, nice to have Bitbucket/Gitlab experience but not mandatory.
- Experience in SQL Queries, Oracle Queries.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good to have Kubernetes concepts and components understanding.
If you wish to be considered for this role, visit the Apply button now. You can also get in touch with Kayla via email on firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to the large volume of applicants we receive daily, please be aware that only suitable candidates will be contacted.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....