Randstad is currently working in partnership with Naval Group Australia (NGA) who have been tasked to design and build 12 state-of-the-art submarines for the Royal Australian Navy.
As part of this undertaking, we are currently recruiting a Propulsion Engineer to live and work in Nantes, France, for an initial 3-year period before returning to Australia. This is to ensure a significant transfer of technology from Naval Group France to the NGA design team where there are circa 40 x Australians currently living and working in France on the Future Submarine Program.
This role contributes to the design studies related to the Submarines propulsion systems.
- Participating in development of technical specification and requirements for partners
- Contributes to the functional & physical integration of the Energy & Propulsion Systems
- Contribute to the acceptance of the systems by participating in acceptance testing including; land-based testing in the Adelaide shipyard.
The suitable candidate will possess the following:
- Defence experience is not necessarily relevant
- Any Engineering degree, but candidate MUST HAVE large Diesel Engines/Generator sets/Rectifier experience
- Design and engineering experience with power generation
- Experience in any of the following areas:
- Large diesel engines
- For power generating systems
- For ship propulsion systems
- Large electrical machines
- Three-phase AC generators
- DC rectifiers
- Permanent magnet motors
- High power electronics
- Australian citizenship eligible to obtain Australian Defence Security Clearance (NV1) and French Defence Clearance
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) is applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
This role will be based in France for approximately 3 years and then in Adelaide, South Australia.
There is extensive mobilisation & financial support provided by NGA underpinned by a dedicated mobility team assisting with the relocation. This includes:
- French language lessons
- Security clearance support
- Relocation of yourself and any dependents
- Support for living and working in France
This is an exciting opportunity with a sense of adventure to experience a once in a lifetime chance to work and live in Europe.
To apply for the role, please submit your CV by clicking apply. For a confidential discussion, please contact Wendy Hammond from Randstad on (08) 8150 7000.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....