Randstad is assisting a small Federal Government agency to recruit for two payroll postions: an APS4 Payroll officer and an APS6 Technical Payroll officer.
These positons arelocated centrally in Canberra and will be offered on temporary contractors or non-ongoing placements. Section 26 transfers are also considered.
- Accurately process a wide range of salary, leave and entitlement-related transactions, in accordance with relevant legislation, delegations, policies, and procedures.
- As required, provide internal clients and managers with general advice and guidance in relation to the submission of leave, completion of employee timesheets, and other employee-related documentation.
- Assist with processes that ensure PAYG taxation, superannuation, and payroll deductions are correctly calculated, paid, and reported in accordance with associated guidelines. Undertake salary and/or leave reconciliation tasks, as required.
- Undertake fortnightly reviews to update employee payroll records and ensure that associated superannuation contributions are correctly administered, paid, and reported.
- Prepare and send payroll-related correspondence, including e-mails, to ensure that employees receive accurate and timely advice regarding their entitlements and associated conditions of employment.
- Maintain the personnel and leave records of employees, in an accurate and timely manner.
- At all times, provide internal and external clients & agencies with a high level of customer service and support.
- Supervise the day-to-day activities of the Payroll Operations Team, to ensure the delivery of high quality payroll services for, in accordance with the Enterprise Agreement and relevant legislation, policies and guidelines.
- Assist with the professional development of team members and provide guidance and on-the-job training, as necessary.
- As required, administer the company’s Empower HRMIS and its associated Employee Self Service (ESS) module, and manage security profiles for all users.
- Process fortnightly payrolls and ensure that end-of-financial-year related tasks are completed within required timeframes.
- Manage the Payroll ServiceDesk and distribute work items to team members.
- Monitor workflows and ensure that tasks are completed within required timeframes.
- Complete payroll-related compliance activities, including the checking of more complex tasks and calculations. Ensure that relevant delegations are being correctly applied at all times.
- Ensure PAYG taxation and superannuation contributions are calculated, paid and reported in accordance with associated guidelines and timeframes. Ensure that fortnightly salary reconciliations and related reimbursement activities are completed.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders and agencies on matters including financial and other reporting, payroll reconciliations, leave provisions and general compliance activities.
- Undertake HR reporting tasks, including ad-hoc reporting for staff and managers, to support internal and legislative reporting requirements.
- Ensure that all correspondence produced by the team is of a high quality and can be readily understood by recipients.
If you are interested in this positon, please apply now and a consultant will call you.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....