- Entry level role
- Initial casual role, opportunity for permanency
- Northern Adelaide Suburbs
This business is a NATA accredited laboratory facility which specialises testing in the cement, aggregates & soils and concrete fields.
The Laboratory Technician will conduct Raw Materials testing determining the properties of aggregates and soils. Training in Cert III in Laboratory Techniques will be provided.
The position is a great opportunity for someone wanting to start a career in the construction materials industry. Experience is not essential for the right candidate but would be highly regarded and hours of work may be variable depending on project requirements. This position is offered as a casual role initially but there is a strong possibility for a permanent position for the right candidate.
- Conduct aggregate and soil testing in the Laboratory in accordance with Australian, DPTI, NATA, & customer requirements.
- Adhere to concrete and raw materials testing frequencies and to laboratory safety, health and environmental compliance
- Provide feedback to technical managers on test results
- Previous experience in a raw materials laboratory with experience in tests such as Particle Size Distribution, Atterberg limits, Los Angeles etc. would be advantageous
- Ability to work long hours, ideally starting at 4am would be ideal. Saturday morning work is available
- Able to conduct repetitive, manual work which requires a lot of lifting (15-20kg), particularly during splitting and sample preparation. Technicians will be standing for significant portions of the day
- Computer literate and competent in mathematics
- Effective communication skills
- High level of motivation
- The applicant must have a positive attitude and willingness to work as part of a small team
- The job will require PPE such as a dust mask, ear muffs and safety glasses to be worn for a significant portion of the day
If you feel you meet the criteria required or would like to know more please apply now or call Luke Cuthbertson, Senior Consultant - Civil White Collar on 0428 262 819.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....