Randstad is currently looking for an experienced machine operator to work with Circular Knitting Machines, to produce fabrics to an acceptable standard of productivity and quality.
- Experience in machine Operating
- Physically Fit
Primary duties include:
- Operation of modern circular knitting machines
- Following Knitting Instructions.
- Ensuring that yarns are placed in the correct position on yarn carrier
- Perform inherent manual handling tasks associated with machine operation in the knitting/weaving department
- Repair thread breaks by tying inappropriate thread, using appropriate knotting technique, and correctly re-threading yarn on knitting spindle.
- Check the quality of fabric to ensure that no faults are appearing in the fabric.
- Recognise and report to Supervisor or Textile Mechanics mechanical problems as appropriate.
- Ensure quantities of fabric per roll are correctly produced.
- Record quantities produced at the beginning and end of shift.
- Ensure that knitting machines and any other machinery used, are operated in a safe manner at all times.
Qualifications & Experience required:
- Experience operating Circular Knitting machines and/or Weaving looms in a continuous production environment in the Textile Industry.
- Knowledge of the structure of knitted and/or woven fabrics in terms of yarn types, fabric structure, differentiation between warp and weft yarns and the ability to recognise structural faults or discrepancies in knitted fabrics, and take appropriate action to rectify or report as.
If you possess the above skills and experience, please 'APPLY' now!
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....