We have an exciting opportunity within Brisbane City Council Community Facilities and Venues as a Groundskeeper who can work in a central Brisbane location. As part of the team, you will be working on various projects on site to maintain and upkeep Brisbanes' golf courses and interact with members of the public.
About your new role
Working with Community Facilities and Venues you will undertake groundskeeping duties within Golf Courses. We are seeking able bodied labourers/groundskeepers/gardeners for 38 hour weeks with Brisbane City Council. If you hold a white card (construction induction card) and are eager to get your foot in the door with Brisbane City Council, this is your chance.
- You must be physically fit, and able to lift objects or items in excess of 25kg.
- Ability to perform the following duties as required: Whipper Snipping, Ride-On Mowing, Leaf Blowing, Hedge Trimming.
- Ability to operate machinery in a safe capacity on a regular basis.
- You will be required to have good communication skills and the ability to work independently or as part of a team.
What you will need to exceed
We are looking for Groundskeepers who are reliable and enjoy providing high-quality work. A strong sense of teamwork, a commitment to safety and ensuring all work is conducted according to safety procedures and guidelines. In order to be a successful applicant, the following licences are required:
- Mandatory Licences:
- C Class Licence
- White Card (Construction Induction)
- Beneficial Licences:
- Any other Tickets/Licenses (Chainsaw Ticket, ACDC Ticket, Turf Management Certificate, etc.)
What you will get in return:
Brisbane City Council is one of the biggest civil construction and maintenance employers in Queensland. There are many benefits including:
- Competitive rates including overtime and penalty rates where applicable.
- Uniforms supplied and all tools provided.
- Opportunity to take on contracts throughout Brisbane.
If you are ready to apply for the role as a Groundskeeper with Community Facilities and Venues, please apply online or contact Randstad on (07) 3640 6822.
If this role isn’t right for you, we often have other trade and labour positions including electrical, mechanics, panel beating, plumbing, fitting and turning, carpentry, automotive and general labour related vacancies. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the talent pool.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....