New to Australian market Bank
Be part establishing a new Finance team
Working closely with the head office Finance team and reporting directly to the CFO you will be responsible for taking on the financial management of the Australian entities.
As a newly created role you will build the Finance team in Australia and instill a performance culture. Demonstrating leadership in proactively driving and influencing change throughout the business to help achieve the successful implementation of the Group’s strategic plan.
As the Financial Controller you would have responsibility for overseeing and producing all aspects of financial reporting, taxation and regulatory reporting, including ASX/ASIC regulatory capital compliance
Some additional examples of responsibilities include:
- Focus on continuous improvement to streamline over time
- Manage relationships with External Auditors.
- Implementation of the strategic and annual business plan
- Assessing proposed business strategies including transactions offering recommendations from a Finance lens
- Manage the capital and financing requirements
- Tax oversight of the Australia entities, and maintain knowledge of relevant taxes
- Maintain knowledge of regulatory landscape by attending workshops run by training organisations; ASIC, ASX, Chi-X & CAANZ
What experience we are looking for in the Financial Controller:-
- Chartered Accountant, CPA qualified (or equivalent)
- Technical accounting skills and well-developed technical IFRS knowledge
- Background in a Banking domain - 10 years + experience
- Experience with ASIC, ASX & ideally ATO reporting requirements.
- Prepare high quality workpapers
What behavioural skills we are seeking in the Financial Controller:
- A motivated individual who is a self-starter and enjoys working in teams
- Strong communicator who can build relationships across the business at all levels (written and verbal)
- Problem solver – ability to work in the detail to resolve issues
- Motivate staff and take leadership roles
If interested in the opportunity of Financial Controller please apply online, or for more information call Gail Cunningham on 0434745920/ Gail.Cunningham@randstad.com.a
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....