Randstad is currently working in partnership with Naval Group Australia (NGA) who have been tasked to design and build 12 state-of-the-art submarines for the Royal Australian Navy.
As part of this undertaking, we are currently recruiting a ILS Lifecycle Cost (LCC) Engineer to live and work in France, for an initial 3-year period before returning to Australia. This is to ensure a significant transfer of technology from Naval Group France to the NGA design team where there are circa 40 x Australians currently living and working in France on the Future Submarine Program.
This position will be responsible to manage the Life Cycle Costs performance of the vessel and environments.
Key elements of the role:
- Being involved in the suppliers’ selection by performing so-called ’local’ LCC studies and by recommending the choice of one supplier with the best LCC;
- Carry out LCC studies for design choices purpose, both regarding the vessel and its support system.
- Participate, under the Manager’s guidance, in economic studies
- Feeding the LCC overall model with data; with the Naval Group Manager, being involved in the Program Cost Estimates, for the ILS and Support System area.
- Preparing the LCC justification file
- Improving the feedback in this field, from other Australian submarines and associated maintenance feedback.
- Contribute to relations with the client (in Australia and also RPT based in France) and with design team (negotiations, presentation of results, proposals, etc.), the LSA team and the procurement team;
- Contribute to Naval Group feedback improvement
- Provide as necessary materials (data, wording, figures, etc.)
- Cost breakdown, cost breakdown structures, modelling analysis, Life cycle cost profile.
- Understanding difference cost elements of acquisitions, operations, support & disposal.
- Asset management
The suitable candidate will possess the following:
- Does not need to be from defence
- Focus on finance is more important than Engineering but must come from a project environment
- 2 -5 years minimum experience within Finance/Cost background within ideally an Engineering or asset management field.
- Any Engineering degree
- Australian citizenship eligible to obtain Australian Defence Security Clearance (NV1) and French Defence Clearance
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) is applicable and as such, your nationality may be a factor in determining your suitability for this role.
This role will be based in France for approximately 3 years and then in Adelaide, South Australia.
There is extensive mobilisation & financial support provided by NGA underpinned by a dedicated mobility team assisting with the relocation. This includes:
- French language lessons
- Security clearance support
- Relocation of yourself and any dependents
- Support for living and working in France
This is an exciting opportunity with a sense of adventure to experience a once in a lifetime chance to work and live in Europe.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....