- 6 month contract role with scope for extension or permanency
- Port Pirie based role (DIDO option but no accommodation provided)
- 40 hour work week
About the Role
The Civil Structural Site Engineer is a part of our clients Integrated Operations group, and is accountable for remediating the multi-metals recovery plant site’s critical assets to ensure they provide a safe and reliable platform for ongoing production and for future growth. As a member of this team you will be accountable for the successful delivery of the portfolio of remediation projects.
This position is a residential role based at Port Pirie but a DIDO 5/2 (Monday - Friday) roster will also be considered however accommodation in or near to Port Pirie would be the candidate’s responsibility.
In this role you will:
- Be a visible safety leader
- Utilise engineering reports to identify structural remediation requirements
- Partner with Structural Engineers to develop engineered remediation solutions
- Engage operational stakeholders to ensure the remediation solutions are clearly defined and analysed for minimal disturbance to Production
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure solutions meet safety and design standards
- Maximise project value by identifying options through creative thinking processes
- Participate in the bid evaluation process and the selection of contractors
- Monitor, manage and setup report your project’s adherence to work plans, schedule and budgets
- Support the planning, safe execution, and commissioning of packages, according to agreed scope, budget, schedule, and relevant standards and specifications
- Provide input to the reporting requirements for the execution of work packages
- Ensure projects are successfully executed by working collaboratively to determine the appropriate execution strategy, manage risks well, complying with requirements and maximising safety & constructability through design
- Degree qualifications in project management and civil / structural engineering disciplines
- Understanding of mining, processing, heavy industry or construction projects, with experience working with Structural Steel
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role delivering projects or studies
- Effective stakeholder engagement and collaboration and problem-solving abilities
- Organisational skills for managing a teams, contractors and multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated technical and commercial acumen with problem solving skills
- Communication and influencing skills, including the ability to produce concise reports and presentations to senior managers
This position will commence in April or May and excellent rates are on offer. Join an established organisation offering good structure and support, further career opportunities and a strong commitment to safety and quality.
Please click on the apply button to submit a CV. If you would like a confidential discussion, please call Luke Cuthbertson, Senior Consultant, White Collar Civil specialist from Randstad on 0428 262 819.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....