Do you have experience as a truck or bus driver? Experienced as a trades assistant? Mechanically minded? This is your opportunity to get your foot in the door with Brisbane City Council, ensuring their fleet of over 1200 buses remains fuelled up. Consider this your chance to play your part in keeping Brisbane Running.
Are you looking for:
- Opportunity for anything between 10-40 hrs a week, with flexibility to manage your availability.
- The chance to work with a close knit team
- Get your foot in the door with one of Brisbane’s top transport employers.
About your new role:
With the opportunity for casual employment as well as long-term/ongoing roles, you could work with any or all of the garages across Brisbane as a Bus Assistant with the following responsibilities:
- Refuelling diesel or gas buses
- Basic cleaning of buses + depot vehicles
- Potential tyre maintenance + repair
- Recording quantities + following existing processes of record keeping.
What you need:
- MR license minimum (HR license beneficial) – essential
- Availability for night shift is essential (5pm or 6pm start until 1am or 2am)
- Availability over weekends highly regarded
- Own reliable transport
About the Council
Transport for Brisbane is a major public service provider within South East Queensland, responsible for providing an operational bus network 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. To assist with a smooth service, their fleet contains over 1200 buses from 7 depots across the Brisbane Region.
What you will get in return
Brisbane City Council is one of the biggest bus transport employers in Queensland. There are many benefits including:
- competitive above award rates
- potential overtime and penalty rates where applicable
- the opportunity for potentially ongoing career development
If you believe you fit the above criteria, click Apply today!
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....