My client seeking an enthusiatic and suitably experienced WHSEQ - Head of Compliance to lead a small team in developing, implementing & maintaining the company's compliance, risk & safety management systems and ensure continued compliance to relevant quality, safety and risk standards.
This is a family business with over 90 years of history built from the ground up here in WA and a great opportunity for you to advance your career. Based out of the head office in Malaga, you will work closely with the CEO and Key Leadership Team to manage all compliance and risk management practices across the organisation’s national business operations.
This is a permanent position offering an attractive salary package and if you are seeking a role where you will be empowered to implement change, make improvements quickly and effectively, and grow with a great team then THIS opportunity for YOU.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- Lead the WHSEQ compliance space across the business;
- Review & appraise the results of activities & ensures appropriate action is taken to resolve unsatisfactory conditions;
- Maintain appropriate communications within & between the various functional areas involved & arrange advice / counsel as required;
- Adhere to company safety policies & procedures, comply with legal obligations & maintain a safe workplace at all times;
- Development of effective plans to manage a crisis or compliance violation;
- Stay up to date with internal standards & business goals;
- Work cooperatively with external auditors when needed;
- Prepare appropriate compliance reports with regulatory agencies;
- Conduct & oversee internal reviews or audits periodically to ensure that compliance procedures are followed;
- Inform, educate & train employees on matters that are associated with regulations & industry practices;
- Ensure and verify that all regulatory policies & procedures have been documented, implemented and communicated;
- Maintain WHSE metrics & data, management systems & undertake reporting requirements;
- Manage environmental systems including site improvement plans.
To be successful in the role you will require:
- Minimum 5 years experience in a similar role;
- Thorough understanding of Australian OH&S / Manufacturing / ISO 19001 standards & workers compensation;
- Proven risk management experience;
- Experience in development & application of safety training plans;
- Demonstrated experience in implementing health & safety management systems and providing advice to managers & staff with regard to best practice HS&E matters;
- Relevant Qualification in OH&S or related discipline;
- Cert IV in Training & Assesment
If you are looking for your next exciting opportunity and are ready to advance your career then do not delay and APPLY TODAY or call Anthony Marchesani on +61 8 6383 7499 to find out more.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....