Randstad are seeking applications from available and suitable candidates for the role of HSE Officer within a rapidly growing mining services business in the North of South Australia.
As the HSE Officer, you will be responsible for providing in-field HSE support, conducting incident investigations, implementing and maintaining the WHS Management and Training Framework and upholding Quality & Safety Objectives.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Ensuring activities performed by employees are in line with company WHS policies & procedures
- Assisting employees in the identification of hazards and implementation of appropriate controls
- Providing visible support to staff and management, demonstrating a strong commitment to health and safety and promoting & supporting WHS activities
- Investigating and reporting on all significant incidents within specified timeframes
- Ensuring environmental complaints are promptly reported and resolved
- Ensuring that resources and safety systems are in place and working to help comply with legislation, regulations, codes of practice and national standards
- Visit work fronts on a regular basis to identify and implement opportunities to improve safety, productivity, efficiency and cost effectiveness
- Drafting risk assessment matrix for projects at hand
- Establishing, implementing and maintaining the Safety and Training Management framework
- Developing and reviewing procedures and flow charts
- Obtain and maintain a library of appropriate Acts, Regulations, Codes of Practice, guidance notes, standards and industry safety information
- Engaging accredited safety consultants to undertake independent, third party audits
- Coordinating the development and implementation of a robust Quality Management plan
- Developing and implementing a robust Environmental Management plan
- Ensuring an understanding of and practical application of the Skytrust platform in reporting
- Participating in projects as directed
The successful candidate will possess:
- Cert IV in Work Health and Safety
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment
- ICAM Investigation Certificate
- Strong computing skills
- Excellent time management and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly technical and detailed
- Energetic with a positive, can-do attitude.
Candidates must be willing and eager to perform at our clients' high standards and energy. Preference will be given to those with heavy oil & gas or mining experience. Take this opportunity to secure a rare permanent role offered on a 5/2 roster either Roxby Downs based or FIFO. Shared housing provided.
Due to current border restrictions, preference will be given to South Australian based candidates. Interstate and international applicants will not necessarily be considered.
This position will commence immediately and market rates are on offer. Join a rapidly growing organisation with an excellent reputation. Huge scope for career growth within the booming mining industry.
Please click on the apply button to submit a CV. If you would like a confidential discussion, please call Jono Sawers, Mining specialist from Randstad on 0437 426 805.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....