Randstads Client is a market leading civil engineering contractor specialising in the Road Infrastructure Sector. Delivering major multi million dollar projects within SEQ and regional Queensland with an extensive pipeline of projects for years to come.
Due to continued growth and successful project wins they are looking for a Health and Safety Advisor who will be responsible with all aspects project safety, delivering multi million dollar civil infrastructure works. Reporting into safety manager, responsible for implementation of safety management plans - building a safety culture with project teams and mentor site personnel providing timely and relevant advice on all safety related matters.
Site based local projects in SEQ. Covering Road / Highway upgrades, Defense and local Council projects our client is offering an excellent salary package with excellent career prospects and company vehicle.
- Assist the Project Managers in the preparation, implementation and maintenance of systems, plans, procedures and strategies
- Assess risk and opportunities for improving safety management
- Conduct investigations of accidents and incidents where directed and review incident reports providing advice to Project Managers, Safety Manager and personnel in corrective actions
- Major civil Infrastructure projects within Highway / TMR sector / Defence and Local Council
- Working with client / TMR representitives / Council and Goverment projects
- Ensuring all Safey Managment Systems are adhered to
- Site inductions / Sub Contractor Management / Tool Box Talks
- OH&S environment and Quality Experience will ensure compliance to project KPI`s
- Able to work locally but be open to regional site exposure - flexible to work away when required
- Earthworks / Services / Structure packages
- Have the drive and passion to work in a team independently and build a safe work culture.
Qualifications and Experience
- Tertiary Qualification in Health and Safety or equivalent
- Minimum 2-3 Years+ TMR Road Infrastructure experience
- Have excellent understanding of Health and Safety procedures
- Strong relationship building and communication skills
- Safely delivered projects with previous Tier 2-3 contractors and able to work with Tier 1 Clients project systems
- Minimum 4 x Years proven experience in OH&S Advisor position
This is an exciting career opportunity to work with a reputable Civil Infrastructure Contractor offering career exposure to Queensland`s major infrastructure projects.
Please apply directly via the advert or if you require more information email firstname.lastname@example.org 0403 494544- All conversations are 100% in the strictest confidence
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....