We have an exciting opportunity for GIS Analyst to join NSW Government!
- $400-$450/ day + Super
- Based in Parramatta/ WFH
- Immediate start, contracted until 21/03/2022
About the role:
The senior GIS Analyst provides specialist GIS services in spatial information systems to support the functions and responsibilities of the ePlanning branch. The position has specific responsibility for spatial data management, advanced spatial analysis and data publishing in support of the statutory planning and reporting functions of the Department as well as Planning Portal Spatial Viewer and Open Data initiatives.
- Produce high quality maps and reports in accordance with corporate standards
- Contribute to the maintenance of GIS databases and managing the transition from paper-based towards an online system
- Provide advanced technical advice to and ‘mentoring’ of planners and (as required) council staff in the use of ArcGIS at the ‘Advanced’ level’
- Provide GIS support to program delivery including manipulation & management of data produced by map productions, and responding to internal spatial data requests
About the ideal candidate:
You will have worked in a similar role, and ideally with have the following:
- Relevant qualification and experience using ESRI ARCGIS software
- Must have 5 years experience within GIS industry
- Good communication skills
- Be a problem solver & have excellent attention to detail
- Previous local council or state gov experience highly regarded
What’s in it for you?
Working as a contractor with Randstad comes with many benefits including:
- Access to our benefits platforms offering discounts at a range of huge retailers
- 3 x pay runs per week ensuring you are always paid within the week
- Exclusive access to roles before we go to market
- Access to our employee assistance program services, including counselling services
If this is of interest, please send your CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply below.
At Randstad, we are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all. We actively encourage applications from any background....